Answered By: Kayla Reed Last Updated: Mar 14, 2017 Views: 378
Answered By: Kayla Reed
Last Updated: Mar 14, 2017 Views: 378
- MSSU is a member of the MOBIUS consortium of over 70 libraries located mostly in Missouri for the purpose of sharing books. (MOBIUS libraries do not share periodicals, audio/visual materials, et cetera.)
- Students from MOBIUS libraries are eligible to electronically request books from other member libraries. A courier connects each MOBIUS library for expedited delivery. For example, an MSSU student who ordered a book from the University of Missouri-Columbia on a Monday could expect it to arrive by Thursday afternoon of the same week. Although delivery times vary, books typically arrive within 3-5 business days.
- To appreciate its scope, access this link to view a map and a list of its participants: http://searchmobius.org/screens/libinfo.html
- MOBIUS institutional membership covers the cost of belonging to this consortium. Therefore, students do not have to pay for books they order when they retrieve them at the main circulation desk of our library. MOBIUS affords MSSU students access to millions of volumes of books, most of which would have been ordered through traditional interlibrary loan, a more time-consuming and costlier option, if the consortium did not exist.
- Students who order MOBIUS books will be notified through their campus email accounts when their item(s) arrive. However, they are encouraged to contact the main circulation desk to see if their order has arrived. All MOBIUS books are retrieved and should be returned to the Main Circulation desk on the third floor.